As the demand for medical professionals continuously growing, writing a strong cover letter is necessary and this article will delve into the guidelines for writing a nursing cover letter.
A clearly readable and strong nursing cover letter and nursing resume are relevant to get noticed in the job market due to the high demand for nurses and the fierce competition in the market. It is definitely not a proper notion and practice making or writing a cover letter just as a resume. Your cover letter should be tailored to meet the needs of certain hospital of any medical office you are applying for instead. This is why you have to write your own cover letter readably and properly. Below are some points that may serve as your guide in writing one.
- Take note of the four main parts of your cover letter. The introductory part should explain your reasons for writing the letter which should be specific. You have to highlight your comprehensive educational achievement or background and work-associated experiences. Specify your interests in the position, the company or organization, and the qualifications you are applying. Structure the final paragraph of your letter by stating when you may be able to make a follow-up of your application.
- Open a Word document and make a header including your name as well as contact information with the phone number, address, and email address. Create a header for the medical office where you are applying.
- Make a formal salutation addressing the administrator which bears his or her name, followed by a paragraph that introduces yourself and that explains the specific nursing position you are applying for. Write a positive description of yourself to get a positive impression from your probable employer. You may also mention the name of the person referring you if you have one for the position.
- For a nursing cover letter, you have to concentrate on your experience in the medical field rather than on your educational attainment since a nurse is assumed to have received necessary degrees. In case you are still a novice on the medical practice, put emphasis on your internship or volunteer work experience and indicate how you love doing your work noting that nurses seemed to work at difficult hours.
- Remember to reiterate your willingness and enthusiasm on the nursing position and to acknowledge the administrator of the hospital for his or her time and consideration. Keep in mind that it is crucial for the employer to read something on your own interest in the position and why you choose their medical institution. It is also highly advised to concentrate on the things that you may offer to your employer and the organization as a whole. You may also look for a sample nurse cover letter through offline or free online download or template.
- You need to take an initiative to contact your prospective employer through a phone call or email for follow up of your application.
Consider a tip and/or all of these strategies in writing your nursing cover letter and land on your sought-after nursing position.